Calling All ABE Teachers!
Win big prizes and gain an excellent resource for your classes!
The Amgen Foundation and the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard University have launched a new online science learning platform called LabXchange. LabXchange is a free education platform that enables educators and students to explore science concepts and techniques online. The LabXchange team worked closely with a group of ABE teachers to create a collection of pathways inspired by the ABE curriculum and designed to enhance the ABE laboratory experiences. Your students can preview and practice crucial laboratory techniques used in ABE including micropipetting, gel electrophoresis, and performing a restriction digest with simulations inspired by the ABE labs. We want to encourage you to explore LabXchange, and to join the teachers and students adding to the collection, with two exciting contests!
Contest #1: Explore LabXchange and Learn More About It
250 gift cards (each worth $20 USD) are available for those who sign up for a free account on LabXchange, explore the platform, and submit a brief survey for a chance to win. Entries are open internationally.
What you’ll need to do:
- Sign up for an account on LabXchange.
- Check out the cluster of materials designed specifically for ABE teachers.
- Go to this asset on the LabXchange platform and complete the survey before 11:59 PM UTC on 25 March 2020.
Prizes: 250 winners each will receive a $20 USD gift card
Contest #2: Collaborate with LabXchange
Once you’ve had a chance to explore LabXchange, share your ideas about how to use it! Explore the LabXchange library, and then remix or customize resources to develop your own pathways. Show off your work with LabXchange and you could win a $400 USD gift card.
You do NOT have to participate in Contest #1 to participate in Contest #2.
What you’ll need to do
- Sign up for a free account on the LabXchange platform.
- Join a LabXchange class (code: 6309D8) or register for a free webinar with LabXchange staff to learn about LabXchange and the materials that can support ABE.
- Share your pathway here by 11:59 PM UTC on 25 March 2020 for a chance to win. Entries are open internationally.
Prizes: 10 winners each each receive a $400 USD gift card
Have Questions or Need Help?The LabXchange Help Center has articles that can help you create an account, understand roles on LabXchange, learn how to make a pathway or make a class, and much more.
If you don’t find the answer to what you’re looking for in the Help Center, you can contact LabXchange and someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.