SF/Bay Area Summer ABE PD Workshop
This workshop trains Bay Area teachers on the ABE curriculum Complete Series including practice pipetting and gel electrophoresis, a restriction digest, a plasmid ligation (complete series/summer training only), a gel electrophoresis to confirm digest and ligation, a bacterial transformation, PCR, and a protein purification (summer training only). These techniques form the cornerstone of basic lab skills used in biotechnology-related research. Any interested Bay Area high school science teacher is welcome to attend the workshop, free of charge.
- Laboratories 1.1 and 1.2: Micropipetting and Gel Electrophoresis
- Laboratory 2: Preparing to Clone the rfp Gene: Digesting the pKAN-R and pARA
- Laboratory 3: Building the pARA-R Plasmid
- Laboratory 4: Verification of Restriction and Ligation Using Gel Electrophoresis
- Laboratory 5: Transforming Bacteria with the Ligation Products
- Laboratory 6: Purifying the Fluorescent Protein